Monday, March 14, 2011

Day Three

Ok, you guys are going to kill me, but I didn't actually cook on Saturday! But let me explain why.

We had a house guest this weekend (Paul's brother Jacob) and so of course we wanted to eat out on the town at all the local hotspots. Here's the problem: all of this food is SO heavy. Mainly because we ate lunch at a place that Man v Food went to once, called Cotham's Mercantile-- about 20 minutes outside of LR.

Well, let me tell you what these people are famous for: something called a "hubcap burger"-- a cheeseburger that weighs a whole pound! Paul and Jacob insisted that we go and try it out. And this is what ensued:

A jalapeno hubcap with fried green tomatoes.

My chicken strip lunch.

Their Mississippi Mud cake. Probably the best dessert in the universe.

So, really and truly, I wanted to cook. But after a late lunch of this size, I physically couldn't eat anything else, let alone look at food. 

I hope you'll all forgive me. And I know you will if you head to Cotham's-- this place is a must-see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment